Posting on the forum Boards.ie yesterday, a member under the name ‘dillo2k10′ claimed the malfunction happened when the S3 was sitting untouched in his car’s phone holster. While he was driving, he said, “a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone. I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone.”
Despite staying powered, the phone lost all of its signal and burned a piece of plastic inside the car. The shaken owner added, “That could have burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set fire to my bed. Its very dangerous [sic]”
Samsung has immediately started the investigation for the device, and the owner of the device is given another S3 with lots of freebies !
Samsung hasn’t spoken anything yet about this incidence happened with Samsung Galaxy S3.